WSB team members were delighted to attend an event this week hosted by BizBash and Events DC, who honored five of Washington’s most accomplished event and meeting professionals. Lisa Block, Carla Hargrove McGill, Bill Homan, Carolyn Peachey, and André Wells were inducted into the Inaugural BizBash Hall of Fame, Washington, DC for their accomplishments, leadership and contributions to the event industry.
Fellow event industry leaders, friends, and colleagues of BizBash and Events DC attended the reception and award ceremony at the Carnegie Library, where BizBash presented each of the honorees with personalized, engraved silver platters.
BizBash C.E.O. and founder David Adler stated, “Our mission at both BizBash and with our event partner, Events DC, is to celebrate the power and impact of live experiences to not only the greater community but also the next generation of event and meeting professionals. Our first class of inductees represents a group of connectors, marketers, and collaborators who have been improving the fabric of our society for years.”
The 2015 BizBash Hall of Fame, Washington, D.C. honorees include:
- André Wells, founder and creative officer of Events By André Wells
- Bill Homan, co-owner of Design Cuisine
- Carla Hargrove McGill, president of Hargrove Inc.
- Carolyn Peachey, president of Campbell Peachey & Associates
- Lisa Block, vice president, meetings and conferences at Society for Human Resource Management
WSB congratulates each of the honorees for a job well done!